Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #2

Yeah as far as I know if there is a "medical emergency" and bubs needs to come ASAP, they willl automatically do a repeat csec.
    I know what you mean about what they did to your mum, but they are still doing it this very day!!!! I had the drip put up with the twins, coz they wanted me to deliver before theatre closed for the day, JIK. :eek:

My mum had us all at 10 days post date ( 3 kids) BUT with my sis they wanted to induce her coz she was 39. She delivered my bro #1 in under 3 hrs, and me ( #2 10 pd 4) in under 2 hrs. In the end they ruptured her membranes, and she wouldnt let them near her with anything else otherwise shed"spit her lungs out" my sis was born in 20 minutes - from nothing, membrane rupture then birth they both were very sick coz of shock, and I really disagree with inductions "just coz" I know we all want to meet our babes ASAP and they last few weeks of pg are hell, but the Dr's dont inform us enough of the risks and implecations when it comes to voluntary inductions,
    Sorry get off my soap box now, LOL

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

How is everyone going? So quiet in here!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Kelly - it is very quiet in here, perhaps everyone is busy preparing for their VBAC`s

As for myself - I saw my VBAC Dr for the first time on Wednesday, I walked into the room and the very first thing he said to me was - I`m happy for you to have a VBAC and very confident that you can successfully - talk about boosting the morale, I was walking on cloud 9!!!!!

Anyway he went on to say how CPD is misdiagnosed and very few women have true CPD, he mentioned I`m a small person but not overly small to not be able to give birth vaginally. He then asked how long I was in labour for, as DH says the Dr`s eyes popped out of his head when I said I didn`t go into labour due to OB`s advice, silly me I neglected to tell him how my OB wanted me to go down the same road this time due to CPD etc etc, I think he would have collapsed!!!!!

He seems very nice and mentioned next time he sees me we`ll draw up a birth plan so we both know what`s going to happen - How good is that

He said he`ll let me go 2 weeks over then if nothing`s happening he`ll most likely break my waters, but he`d like me to go into spontaneous labour myself and wants me active - yes, yes, yes that`s exactly what I want.

So I`m one very happy Mummy

WooHoo we need more sensible ob's like this, looking forward to hearing of your successful, empowered birth!!!!!

Oh that's fantastic Dee!!! Can you name him so we can recommend him to others?!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

tiggy Guest

That would be the wonderful Andrew Bisits

WOO HOO!! Dee that's fantastic news!!! I was so happy when I saw my OB at the hospital & she had a VBAC the second time around & was just so supportive. Its a relief to have someone listen to you & not tell you what is best for your body.

I had my midwife appt this week & the midwife I saw was one of the ones when I was in hospital after my c/s. I told her I remembered her because she let me go home early & she looked at my notes & said "thats right, you hadn't needed a midwife in 2 days so I saw no need to keep you here..." and then coo'd all over Matilda. I then had her go through some questions I had from Matilda's birth and it was interesting to hear her go through the "confusion" of my labour. Apparently there are a few things the midwife noted like "transverse" but didn't explain too much in the notes.... so I wasn't imagining things when I was told Matilda had gone to tranverse, the word was definately used.... this midwife just wasn't sure if the notes had to do with the head position or the body.

Dee, sounds like you OB is fantstic. YAY on grabbing a great one Goodluck with everything hun

Kirsty77 Guest

Wow Dee your OB does sound fantastic!!Wish there was one in Kingaroy like that!LOL!Although I shouldn't complain as the doc here at the hospital said similar things to me so I'm a happy girl.

Dee - your Ob is going to be at the Homebirth Conference so I will get to meet him perhaps If he's well involved with the maternity movement then I think you have a winner there
    Kelly xx

hi ladies. Just an update on me, I am scheduled to have the lump in my throat removed on thursday so we have now started TTC!!! I know I should have waited a week, but I just wanted to get back on that horse (so to speak!!)

Thanks to Kelly, I have a few leads. I am checking out Warragul hospital at the moment, is a little bit of a drive for us, but seems to be the best option for a public Pro VBAC. I have just emailed them for some info, so will give them a few days and call if I havent heard anything. I have just started reading The Thinking Woman's Guide... and quite frankly I am disgusted at all the information that OB's choose to leave out about c/s, I am still dealing with my anger about not being given more options with Jackson's birth, but it is a good feeling because I know that this time I will be demanding those options, I am feeling totally empowered!!

Dee, your OB sounds fantastic, I am so hopefull that the recommendations I have been given are half as good as that!!

Min I had Dion at Warragul hospital with Dr David Simon ( Very pro vbac ) and a midwife team ( Kym care) and it was a successful vbac, and very glad to share any info if you have any q's.

Kelly - Did you meet my Dr?

Min - I hope your op went well. How exciting that your TTC now.

Wasn`t sure where to post this question I have so thought in here might be as good as anywhere.........

In the last 10 days I`ve been getting the occasion burning pain in my scar line, only on the right hand side of it where it protudes out, Is this normal for this stage of pregnancy? I did mention it to the midwife and Dr yesterday, the midwife said it`s most likely scar tissue stretching and the Dr was very quiet about it and just said if it gets worse to please let them know. I am concerned about it and today I`ve had it happen about 3 times. Anyone have any ideas or did this also happen with you?

Take Care

Dee

Yes Dee, I have had the same pain and they are a bit concerned as well. The midwives wouldn't say anymore and said try not to worry until it gets closer...

Dee I had the same thing occassionally when I was pg with Tehya. I is just the skin around your scar stretching, yep the scar tissue. Remember that it's harder for this skin to stretch.

Just wanted to pop in and say that i wish u gals the best of luck with the births of ur bubs (been following the posts in this thread and some of u r getting so close!) Hopefully u get the outcomes u desire. i'm desperate for a VBAC in my next preg (which hopefully won't be too far away) so i've definately got my fingers crossed for u all

Thanks girls for your reassurance I feel better now knowing I`m not the only one with this pain. It is a worry even though I try not to worry I still do.

Thanks iluvella - I hope you also get your VBAC your wanting, once your pregnant.

Vaginal Delivery Can Be Safe After Multiple Cesareans

By David Douglas

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) Jul 11 - In women attempting vaginal birth after multiple previous cesarean deliveries, the risk of uterine rupture is no greater than in women who have had only one previous cesarean delivery, researchers report in the July issue of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

The author of an accompanying editorial, Dr. Vern L. Katz, from the Center for Genetics and Maternal-Fetal Medicine in Eugene, Oregon, told Reuters Health that this "is exactly the type of evaluation we need to help advise women on the relative safety and relative risks of both repeat cesarean delivery and trials of labor after cesarean. Each woman's situation is specific and advice should be individualized for those specifics."

In the study, Dr. Mark B. Landon of Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, and colleagues prospectively examined data for women attempting vaginal birth after a single or multiple cesareans.

Uterine rupture occurred in 9 of 975 women who had had multiple prior cesareans (0.9%) and in 115 of 16,915 women with a single previous cesarean (0.7%), a nonsignificant difference.

However, the rates of hysterectomy were significantly increased in the multiple cesarean group (0.6% versus 0.2%), as were transfusion rates (3.2% versus 1.6%).

Similarly, a composite of maternal morbidity, including endometritis and operative injury, was significantly increased in women who had had multiple cesareans.

Despite this increased risk of complications, the absolute risk is small, the researchers conclude, and "vaginal birth after multiple cesarean deliveries should remain an option."

Dr. Katz added that there is a "shifting paradigm of cesarean, not as an adverse outcome -- a complication -- but as one tool towards achieving the goal of a healthy mother and baby."

"Thus," he concluded, "the studies that we need, like Mark Landon's, help provide guidelines in the best use of the tool."

Obstet Gynecol 2006;108:2-3,12-20.
    Kelly xx

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast