Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #3

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Nah you can vent, it is a tricky situation especially when we are in the minority I find it hard to shut up when people say they are just going to take it as it comes and see how it goes, or as my teacher, Rhea Demspey calls them, the 'Status Quo,' group of people They saw, they didn't like, you know the rest :P I can say that because I was like that with my first.

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Debbie, i know what you mean, and the way I treated it was when I was talking about what I wanted and others got defensive, I would reply " you do what was right for you, and I'll do what is right for me -- we are all different people with different choices in life"

thats why this forum is here, I was desparately seeking SUPPORT for my choice to have a vbac. AND I SAY WOOHOO deb, go for it girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic it can and does happen, my SUCCESSFUL vbac included shoulder distocia . My 4625gm boy got wedged good and proper. but my support system included an OB who is pro vbac, and a midwife that I had seen throughout my pg, she cheered with every grunt when bubs became wedged, there was no panic, they very calmly got me to change position, and put their hands inside me and assisted him out. yep he had bruised arms but it was not a major trauma. and he is a very happy little fella.

Deb, dig your heels in hun. Your body and your baby, maybe it's just your friends feeling negative towards themselves as they couldn't do it. They don't have the mind strength to hold fast to something they want. Or maybe they just like to whinge

I copped crap when I told people of my birthing plans for Tehya. I had so many people trying to talk me out of it. Even down to Mark(dp) and my dad. In the end I just knew I had to do what I wanted to do, or atleast give it a damn good attempt. I knew I would feel disappointed if I didn't atleast give it a go. Funny, the more people tell me I can't do something, the more determined I am to do it.

We are having issues with a midwife at the birthing centre SIL is going to. Who'd have thought you would come up aginst so many walls at the birthing centre. Funny thing is though, the minute I saw that midwife I knew she was going to give Simone a hard time. I know she's not having a VBAC so it doesn't really come into it.

Simone, mum and I were talking yesterday and Simone is starting to sound so passionate about her birth, It's fantastic, I have a little prodigy (sp)in the making. Now to get her to be more assertive in that labour room.

I approiached the subject with my DH last night as I knew he wasn't keen on another natural birth and first up he said no cus of the risks ect and then lol he said he didn't HE didn't want to go thru hours of labour cus he didn't find it fun.. I kinda laughed in his face and said seriously?? anyways we are both going to seriously consider a natural delivery next time around. I figured get in early and have ages to think about it and research it

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Good on you nic Maybe even consider chatting to a doula or independent midwife over the phone or ideally face-to-face, no strings attached, about how they can support you both. Perhaps he might start to like the idea if he realises he has his own support and back-up too. Actually speaking to someone can really help, you start to realise what someone else can offer you as an extra support person, only one who is trained to be one and been through birth herself (most of the time!).
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Debbie Lee Guest

Nic - maybe your DH just needs time to digest the idea? Perhaps explain to him some of the reasons why a c/s is actually quite risky too (if not more than a VBAC).
    When I discussed it with Neil, he did his usual; "Whatever you want to do dear". Unfortunately he doesn't appear to care either way. I have hopes of him reading a couple of books but I doubt he will. It's a pity because he's so much better at processing and remembering information than I am. Mayyybe I'll get him to at least read some chapters on VBAC and memorise my birth plan?? He's surprised me before... perhaps he'll surprise me in this respect?

Trish - I had a bizarre dream last night! I dreamt that I went into labour and my waters broke at home but the baby came so fast that I ended up having it on our bed!! LOL Imagine that!! At the end of my dream I was holding my baby with a big grin on my face and Neil was pale as a ghost but smiling.... hahaha.

I will speak with our Dr ect once I actually get pg. but in the meantime I will gather some more information to have DH on my side.

Debbie: what a weird dream.. Be funny if it happened like that

Deb, I like your dream hun. Maybe it's a premonition So what sex was bub ??
    Would be great if it went so easily for you sweety. Fingers crossed that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Trish View Post
    Deb, I like your dream hun. Maybe it's a premonition So what sex was bub ??
    Trying to find out the sex already trish :P (buggar no pokey outey tongue emoticon!!)

nic - you go girl!! you ge the birth you want, after all, we dont get to do it forever

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Trish... never found that out in the dream! Even my dreams don't want to give it away

Damn hey Deb. Yeah I could never see in my dreams either.

LOL Deb the two weeks before Matilda was born I kept having dreams I was having a girl. I think it was God's way of preparing me, because all I'd ever wanted was a boy

Deb I went through so much trying for my EBAC and preparing for it. The best thing you can do is have us here for you the times I had questions or someone would do something to break my spirit or nerve, I always came on and vented & got the support I needed to get through. Seriously, without Kelly & BB I would have had a c/s.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask if anyone has had a VBAC with having GD? Will they let you do it if you have GD??

I am interested in knowing this as well as I have had GD with all of my pregnancie and on insulin for the last 2

They will try to tell you its more dangerous but thats piffle. Do you know all the risks for having repeat csecs, and the mess some women find their innards in after 3 or more?? We have so many women in here( the hospital I work at) having hysterectomies, and most of them had csecs, and in the op reports they all have adhesions, and lots of scar tissue, and multiple problems. the only risk with GD is a big bub ( and they are not so hard to deliver) and bub's blood sugar after birth. As far as I know there is no risk from HOW they get out KWIM???

Debbie Lee Guest

Hmmm Gabby had blood sugar issues when she was born (I didn't have GD mind you ). Anyway, I was told that not all bubs have their blood sugar levels tested... only bubs of high-risk pregnancies (so caesars, hypertension... possibly GD??). The midwife told me that it may be a common occurance in ALL babies but not all babies get tested so how will we know?
    Anyway... I was peeved when I thought back to that information (at the time I was too overwhelmed and drugged-up to care). My baby was taken away from me because of her blood sugar levels.. that's it. They were short staffed so had to put her in special care... just for that! She had her poor little foot pr!cked so many times it's ridiculous and she was all alone downstairs all night without her Mummy..... urrgh! Makes me cry just thinking about it.

Vanita, Wow! you have scared the heck out of me! That all sounds so sickening. I had GD with Abby so guessing I will have it and have to do injections again with the next bub... Im vert concerned that they will push for another c/section. I dont want another c/s even more now

Debbie- Abby was taken away for the sugar levels too. Tho they were normal, she was in special care for about 3 nights. What i dont understand, is why they wont leave the bub with the mum and come in and test them when they need to , or get the mum or dad to take them down to special care to have their sugar tested (if they are normal anyway!). Does someone know why they wont do that???? I dont want my next baby to go too. I want to spend that time bonding and trying to feed... not trying to remember what bub even looks like! grrrrr

Debbie Lee Guest

Emz - wow! 3 nights?? Such a silly reason imo. So sorry you had to go through that too. I'd definitely check out if that was necessary. I reckon Gab would have stayed another night if we weren't hassling for her to come back upstairs (they were FLAT out down there so I don't think they wanted her in there anyway).

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast