Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion

Good luck, you do know its actually MORE dangerous to have a csec, than a vbac!!! Keep yourself informed, and you are hiring him, you are the boss, dont let him tell you [email protected]! Women are strong and birthing a baby is NATURAL, so the scar is up to it,

I am a slacker and havent posted a birth story, and bubs is 2 months old!!

Forum Name: Mumofbundlezofjoy
    How many previous caesars?: 1
    How many previous EBAC's?: 1
    Birthing Order: e.g. Natural Birth (twins), Caeser, VBAC,
    Obstetrician/Midwifer Simon ( vbac anc csec)
    Hospital/Home: Warragul hospital
    What helped you achieve a EBAC: (MUM, EBAC friendly Ob, lots of books, and info from websites read)
    Notes: WHATEVER YOU DO, _________RESEARCH

You are hiring the DR to do a job FOR YOU, and so you are in charge, More power to the birthing woman!!!!!!

Just read these questions on caware too!!!
    Umm the restrictions placed on me, was that once labour was established i had to be continiuosly monitored, other girls have refused this, but for peace of mind I was fine with it, as long as it didnt interfere with my moving, we ended up with a scalp monitor,as this worked better.
    My membranes were ruptured by the Ob to get things moving ( my choice) he was happy to wait until 42 weeks, before stressing, but 3 days before the due date I was begging for help ( just as well bubs was 10lb4)
    Pain relief is the same as for any other labour ( I personally had nothing)
    Ob was going to put the drip up for a short time to get things "kicking on " if I didnt progress ( was not needed in the end)

I had a VE which started things happening, but nothing real pre labour. as I said they rom for me, and were talking the drip ( not for long though , coz thats when you can get into trouble, my contractions were there, just not getting any closer together) I have heard of some Ob's asking for a drip "just in case" as well as an epi for the same reason, but personally am not comfortable with anything done "just n case"

Any other Q's??? Feel free to ask.

VE is a Vaginal Examination!! Go to your Ob with the determination that your body knows what its doing !!

All the best!!

Thanks for posting Vanita! I too am anticipating a VBAC with seth so any information is greatly appreciated!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Akeesha Guest

Hi guys,

I am having my second baby in the beginning of January and am hoping and praying its gonna be a successful vbac.
    My first birth was 5 years ago (next week) and I was induced due to being over by 11 days and after 6 hours they said..oh fetal distress and took me for a c/s. Meanwhile my daughter was born with no signs of distress. I am really upset still with the fact that I had to have a c/s thats why this time I am so determined to have the vbac.
    My ob seems pretty fine with me going for it..as do his midwives...and when I had my hospital booking appt they told me that they commended me for trying naturally. I wasnt looked upon by anyone for it being risky or weird or something I cannot do.
    I am terrified this may change..and they decide not to support me in the end..or I get a rotten midwife.
    What are some of the things I can do to increase my chances of a successful vbac? I already changed doctors because my last doctor told me once a c/s always a c/s..and I wasnt buying it! I am also going to a different hospital. Werribee Mercy if anybody knows it. (melbourne)
    I will have a birth plan written with some specifications I need..and will also make sure everytime from now on that I go into see my ob..he knows just how serious I am about this.
    Also..I have been thinking lately about having a homebirth. I am pretty sure I have left my run a bit late. I guess the main reason I think it would be better is that my options for having vbac are wider if I birth at home. No hospital policy etc.
    Also..if the nurses/doctors etc tell me I cannot have a certain request..or try to impose things on me..can I refuse? For instance..I dont mind being monitored..but refuse to be immobile so might go for regular monitoring.but not constant. If they try to make me have constant..can i tell them I dont want it? Those sorts of things.
    I will probably have loads more questions over the coming few weeks..but might leave it at this for now.
    Thanks in advance

Lisa

I am hoping that the doctors will let me try VBAC when i have #3.
    Not sure if they will let me because of having 2 c/sections already but hopefully they will.

Hi! I just thought I'd poke my head in here and join the chatter. I am still a little confused as to what went wrong with Hannah's birth (have been told my pelvis is the wrong shape (FTP/CPD was the documented reason for the c-section) ). I'd really like to know more details, but it's very tricky getting anyone to sit down with me and explain it all to me.

Forum Name: Juliette
    Pregnant with: Not pg yet - thinking of TTC in February '06
    How many previous caesars?: 1 (May 2005)
    How many previous EBAC's?: 0
    Hospital/Home: Kingaroy, QLD
    Birth Plans to help you with a EBAC: Just getting my head around the possibilities at this stage
    Notes: Previous c-section due to FTP/CPD (PIH & induced labour)

Hi I`m another one who`d love a VBAC with #2, I think Mark is a bit nervous about it after knowing my previous history but I`d love to give it a go and if I can`t deliver naturally at least I`ve tried

WOOHOO Michelle I have heard of MANY successful VBA2C so I am sure you will be able to give it a go! Have you researched any VBAC friendly obs in your area (I know you probably aren't thinking of TTC right now...or are you ) as that often helps, even if you can chat to one it might help with the confidence you need. If you need any help let me know and I'll see what I can find.

WOOHOO Dee thats great news! And thats my thoughts too, I want to let nature take its course, I'd rather try and let Seth tell me when he'd like to be born and go from there, and whether or not he enters this world via c/s or vag birth it doesn't really phase me just so long as we can both give it the best shot we can!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cailin we are trying for #3 already i have not done any research into what OB's will let me have a VBAC will ask once i have fallen pregnant. Still not sure if we will be here in Adelaide then or in Perth.

No worries Michelle, just trying to help Sometimes its better to look into what OB now, as they are the more "popular" OB's and they tend to get booked up very quickly. I've even heard of women booking them each month religiously before they even test so they have their foot in the door. But as you say if you're moving it might be harder, unless you know which side of the river you could be moving to in Perth or whereabouts iykwim. Goodluck!

Just trying to be helpful!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Sorry girls, am about to get on my soap box, but your Dr is your employee, and he doesnt have the right to "allow you to try" that is TOTALLY your choice, if you wanna have a go or not its uP TO YOU NOT HIM !!! Sorry, will climb off now, I just mean, would you try to see if your hairdresser would feel like she might like to perm your hair ( wether you wanted it or not ) IYKWIM.

Akeesha, a few tips for a successful vbac ( am 3 mths post mine) Have trusted support people, a doula or private mw is highly recommended, research it, know your facts ( odds etc) to argue the case. Try to get fit and healthy ( as much as possible ) i was walking 1-2 km a day right up to the birth ( and Im no fitness freak :-$ ) Make sure your DH is your "cheer squad" you can refuse ANY OR ALL procedures you do not want to undergo ( you might make them cranky, but its your right) I had occasional moniotoring, til full on labour, then they felt the need for continuous, well I moved how I wanted to, and if the monitor slipped off it was tuff luck, in the end we have a scalp monitor which made everyone happy, coz the more active the labour, the more chance of a vbac. I had an 8 hr full on labour, there was an anterior lip, which took its time receeding ( and I was pushing by then unable to stop the urge) and then we had shoulder distocia, but I delivered a 4625gm baby ( 10lb, 4 oz)
    If you have any question, I am happy to answer to the best of my ability!!
    Have you looked up the birthrites site ?? Its the most recommended pro vbac site, with lotsa advice and information.

Thanks Cailin and I hope that your able to have a very successful VBAC with Seth.

Is there anyone here who was diagnosed with CPD with a big baby who didn`t want to be engaged so had to have a c/s but then went onto have a successful VBAC? I`d love to hear your story.

Once I`m pregnant I`m going to have to work on Mark he seems very nervous when I tell him I want a VBAC but he`ll go along with me in the end and I have a very good OB so I have faith in him, afterall he did tell me with Matthew once the c/s was booked for him that if I did happen to go into labour he`d see how I went he`s a very natural doctor and always prefers labour to go as naturally as can be plus he`s all for breastfeeding.

Shannon - I might as well put my details up as I said earlier Mark will go along with what I want.

Forum Name: Deejoy17
    Pregnant with: TTC #2
    How many previous caesars?: 1
    How many previous EBAC's?: 0
    Hospital/Home: Maitland Public or Newcastle Private
    Birth Plans to help you with a EBAC: Haven`t gone into all details yet
    Notes: Matthew was born via c/s due to CPD which was diagnosed via a CT scan, he was also a big baby, wouldn`t engage and I needed a crowbar to open my cervix plus he was already 6 days over due, so a c/s was decided on.

Thanks Shannon, have to get through the first step of conceiving

kirsty Guest

Ok I guess this is something I am now considering seriously as we've just discovered I'm pregnant again.

I know for a fact that my GP's opinion is "once a caesar, always a caesar", but for this pg we are doing share care with an OB ~ this is who we plan to have for the birth ~ & I'm hoping he may consider us ok to try a VBAC. I had my emergency c-section in August of 2002 & by the time this bubs is due it will have been almost 4yrs since having the c-section.

DH is a little concerned & can't understand why I'd like to try a VBAC, he'd prefer me to have another c-section but did say that if the OB okays it he will go along with it.

I did manage to birth my second bubs naturally ~ however he was our angel baby & he was born at 18w5d gestation ~ so very little.

Anyway I'm looking forward to it all with a little intrepidation so I'm hoping to be able to chat with some that have BTDT or plan to.

Can I have my details added please???

Forum Name: Kirsty
    Pregnant with: Baby #3
    How many previous caesars: 1
    How many previous EBAC's:
    Obstetrician/ Midwife: hoping Dr Chris Beaton ~ but not 100% confirmed yet
    Hospital/ home: (where/ which hospital) at this stage we are planning on South West Health Care in Warrnambool
    Birth plans to help with an EBAC: uuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm none yet
    Notes:

Thanx heaps

Well, hello girls, I thought I'd join the group.

My details are:
    Forum Name: Snowgirl
    Pregnant with: No.2
    How many previous caesars: 1
    How many previous EBAC's: -
    Obstetrician/ Midwife: Dr. Herbst
    Hospital/ home: Paracelsus Hospital, Germany
    Birth plans to help with an EBAC: haven't written one yet
    Notes: last time placenta abruptio, only 6 months between pregnancies

I have the opposite actually, my German OB is not worried at all about letting me attempt a VBAC. He hasn't even mentioned the words "uterus rupture" so I think I might have to at my next appointment as there will only be 15 months between the births. It actually freaks me out a bit... kinda wish he was a bit more reluctant... lol.
    He would also let me attempt a waterbirth as he reckons it's really good after caesareans, so that's great.

Does anyone have any info on VBAC with less than 18 months between births?? I wonder if I should just listen to my doc and chill a bit more about the whole thing...

Snowy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast