Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: VBAC / EBAC Discussion #4

Tan, I think if she is a good doula she will be acting on what you want, instead of what she prefers for you. Mine is coming along to support my wishes, not to enforce her own beliefs.... I'm sure all doulas are like that... My midwife didn't even comment when I said I had one coming in with us, it was just like it was perfectly normal and acceptable....

And btw - I can't believe I have just over 10 weeks to go. If I had fingernails I might be starting to bite them.

Mel I have way way less than that but I'm excited though, not nervous at all. I CAN DO IT!!

Tan, maybe read this article about doulas to give you an idea of what might happen.

Tan- I went to Francis Perry, however I spent my labour at home, arriving at the hossy only an hour before bubs was born. Goodluck for your scan tomorrow! Oh, the other thing that I had was a detailed birth plan, DH had a few copies that were given out when we arrived at the hospital.
    Gudism- 10 weeks woohoo! You sound like you have really supportive birth team.
    Sarah- Definatley you can do it! I hope that you have a fantastic birth experience and that it is all you hope for.

Yep I have a good birth plan as well, Kelly has a copy (she's my doula ), the hospital has a copy & there will be one in my bag.

looks as though we have a few VBACs coming up which is awesome.
    I am pleased to announce we are still on for VBAC, my growth scan came back that bubs was normal size, not large as they had thought from my fundal height. I am allowed now to continue on and see what happens. A huge releif.
    I am hoping now that all will go fine and Liam will enter the world as nature intended.
    Its all positive thinking from now on.
    Good luck everyone

Oooh getting close now Deancey

Well i had 39 week app on monday and have booked next app for 40 weeks. If I havent gone into labour then they will check cervix and if favourable then I will be booked for waters to be broken. I am a little excited that there is still a chance this bubs may be born thru VBAC. He is posterior though which is how Jordan got stuck and I ended up with c section so that is a little nerve racking. Lets hope my plan to keep upright thru labour will encourage him to turn into the correct position.

I have been hanging around a few VBAC threads on here but not sure where i belong..

I am wanting a VBAC.. but I dont know enough about it..

Can someone give me the basis..
    DS was c-sec due to preaclampsia..

thanks!

well ladies i thought i would pop in to tell you Liam was born 17th may, it was by repeat c section as we were advised by doc day before we were due to have waters broken it wasnt advisable due to prev obstructed labour.
    I guess I am grateful as Liam ended being 9 pound 1 which is over the hospitals recommended weight for VBAC delivery and the doc also advised it would have failed again due to his size.
    Now that all is said and done i am just grateful that he is here safe and I am well also.

For all those still waiting for their VBAC, best of luck. I just want to say from experience, once its all done the way he was born isnt a big issue anymore.
    XX

Congrats on the birth of your beautiful boy Deancey. I'm so pleased that you are happy with the outcome, regardless of whatever way he was delivered. I know that I will be just as happy with a repeat c-section, as long as I plan to have a VBAC and there are circumstances that can't be helped. At least then I've tried!!!! (or plan to have tried!!)
    Congrats again

I jsut called my public hospital and I have a meeting next week with a midwife to talk about VBAC and waht my options are with birth, overdue, induce etc.
    I am excited!!!

That's great Didispunk! Make sure you take a list of questions to take with you so you don't forget anything!

Here and here are a few good articles to read before you go hun!

Thanks so much Tan.. I am writing them down now!!!!

Hi Didispunk, I hope the meeting goes well! I also have some fantastic information that my Doula gave me if you would like me to email it - it is the Birthrites booklet - Making Informed Choices. It goes through information on both C-section and VBAC and I found it invaluable, it was probably one of the best resources I had when researcing for my VBAC. If you would like it just PM me your email address.

Oh Carrie could you send it to me too please!!??

No problems Tan - Could you please PM me your email address?

Hi ladies,

Had my chat this morning with the midwife.. She was fantastic.. What it all basically comes down to is what MW and Doc you get to if they will let you do certain things... being induced etc.

I have a very good chance of having VBAC as long as i dont get Preclampsia BAD again and or Gestational Diabetes.

So i feel much better now and just hope I go into labour on my own and that there will be a shift change in Doctors when I am in there!! As they tend to get things moving faster she mentioned!!
    In Geelong you get monitored all the time, but the monitors are mobile!! Which is great for walking, water, shower etc.

So i feel much much better now and just glad to know that at the end of the day I need to be FIRM!!!

Didi - thats great!!! I wish you all the luck in the world!!!!!

BTW - am I the next in line for VBAC now??!? Geez.. thats a little scary..

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast