Thread: VBAC Information Sessions (QLD)!!!!!

Default VBAC Information Sessions (QLD)!!!!!

I have Kelly's permission to post this

Birthtalk?s new VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Caesarean) Course begins next Thursday, 21st Feb.

This is an 8 session course designed to support and inform those working towards an empowering birth after caesarean.

Those considering their options for birth after a previous caesarean will have the opportunity to get their questions and concerns addressed, to enable them to make the best possible decision for their family.

The VBAC Course dovetails into our ?Path to a Better Birth? Antenatal Course. This combination of the VBAC Course and the Antenatal Course is our newest way of supporting women wanting information about Birth After Caesarean.

These 8 sessions allow a couple to gain maximum information and support so they can make their decisions based on knowledge rather than fear, and work towards an empowering experience.

Course structure

Feb 21 : Thinking of VBAC? : the stats, the facts, and a ?big picture? understanding of your options

Feb 28 : The Path to YOUR Better Birth

March 6 : How a Birthing Body Works - natural & caesarean birth

Mar 27 : Negotiating Our Health System

April 3 : Supporting Our Support People

April 17 : VBAC Women Speak - Birthtalk women form a panel and share their stories & answer your questions

April 24 : Confidence Shatterers - what you can do

May 1 : Birth Unplugged ? Birthtalk women share what birth looks like, sounds like and feel like when undisturbed & well-supported

Course Fees

PER MEETING : $30 single, $35 double, plus $5 per extra support person
    COST FOR WHOLE COURSE (8 sessions) $210 single, $245 double, plus $5 per meeting per extra support person

You are welcome to pay either at the door via cash/cheque OR via Direct Deposit (contact us for account details)

Venue : Ithaca Hall, Cnr Kennedy & Enoggera Tce, Red Hill

Time : 7.30pm (for a 7:45pm start) - 9.45pm

Bookings
    Contact Birthtalk at [email protected]

Bummer, I wish I was in Qld!

This is a fantastic idea, there's just no information out in the mainstream for women who want a vbac.
    Birthtalk is great, I went to one of their meetings recently and will definitely be going to more.
    They also run a great support group for women trying to overcome birth trauma.

ooooh christy are you going????? something to tell

I wish I could go but I live 2 hrs from Brisbane, and I have the little one as well oh geee.... what a bugger! Maybe I should give them a ring to see about private consultaions or something theres no support for Vbac up this way!

This is fantastic for women it should be offered in all hospitals!

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    I wish I could go but I live 2 hrs from Brisbane, and I have the little one as well oh geee.... what a bugger! Maybe I should give them a ring to see about private consultaions or something theres no support for Vbac up this way!

This is fantastic for women it should be offered in all hospitals!
    Danielle if you email them, Melissa and Debby would be more than happy to give you some advice. They are really knowlegable in this area - Melissa's had a vbac herself and Debby is a midwife. Get in touch with them

OOOOhhh.. think I may have to go to that one!!!!!!!!! I'll get my doula to come along with me. HOpefully she will see this cos she is on BB too...

What a great idea. Wish they had this a few years ago. Mel I will come with you.

Nic

Thanks Nic... love ya!!!! I'll pay your way - only fair since its me having the VBAC!!!!!