Thread: VBAC possible for me?

jokayne Guest

Default VBAC possible for me?

Im unsure, there is no way I want to risk my baby, but I HATE c-secs! I terrified of it!

I had my first two vaginal induced, that was awful (the pain) until they got the epidural in. At least afterwards though there was just some tearing to deal with and within about two weeks I was near normal (but tender nether bits!)Lol

Then I had two c-secs, my first was one I asked for, as the baby has stopped moving and I just got this gut feeling something wasnt right, so I asked for a c-sec. Lucky in that case, as he came out with the cord around his neck three times and also several knots in it. He is actually intellectually impared anyway due to the lack of decent blood flow inuntero, but if I had him naturally he would have died - no ifs or buts.
    My fourth was also a c-sec as I was told it was for the best and the safest due to prior problems. Unfortunately they forgot to wait long enough to start cutting and I felt the first cut, went into shock and now I am so terrified of a c-sec.

What do you think my chances are of safetly vbacing? Im overwieght (92kg), and I have a large stomach . Im also a chicken with pain, so not sure I could cope with the pain with out an epidural.......cant havve gas or perthadiene as Im allergic....

help please

Jokayne,

Wow, how good are your instincts girl? Thats amazing.

Did your care providers recommend the second CS simply because you had one previously? Many health care providers worry about uterine rupture in a VBAC but the risk is really very small. Even after more than 1 caesar. If that is the only reason I can't see that there would be any probs with you having a VBAC next time round. You have proved that you can give birth vaginally, so go for it girl

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yup the risk after the first c/s only increases minimally - normally risk of uterine rupture is 0.07%, after the first it's 0.09% - when you consider how much risk is increased for you per each c/s, VBAC looks much better in terms of outcome. First c/s is usually fine, but with each c/s the risks increase dramatically.

VBAC is definitely possible - find a great doula and midwife or Ob and you should be fine!!!

Oh and check these out:

VBAC

YouTube - VBAmultipleC

Induced labours are typically more painful, contractions are longer, stronger and closer together. You should NOT be induced after a c/s as your risk of rupture increases. What state are you in?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

jokayne Guest

Im in WA and the only OB I could get into I dont think he thinks much of vbac but really unless I go public he is almost the only choice left, as everyone books up fast over here!

I do also worry a bit, as all my boys have ELhers-Danlos syndrome, a collogen defect, as does my mum, which also means I may have a mild form of it (I get a lot of joint pain), so *IF* I do have this too, then it means that my skin is prone to stretching and tearing easily (i.e. they are warned when suturing me to take extra care as the sutures can tear through the skin) it didnt happen but even more reason to not c-sec, but also a worry that my scar might give way more easily than some IYKWIM? Am I worrying too much? Is a vbac really still safer in my case?
    Gosh Im not sure how I cam going to make it through the next 30 something weeks! lol Ill be greyer than now for sure!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'm not really familiar with that syndrome sorry If you email me I can put you in touch with some lovely WA midwives though! Shoot me an email - it's my first name, then @bellybelly.com.au
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.