Thread: VBAC question

Red face VBAC question

I have decided to try for a VBAC, though i am a bit scared of not knowing what is going to happen throught out labour, I have been in hosptial twice in the last week with b/h last hosptial visit showed that i have dilated to 1cm. I would love to know if i am trying for nothing only to end up with a c/s. I have an ob appointment tomorrow and will ask him to check if i have dilated anymore, With Madison i was induced only to end up with a c/s because i didn't ditlate after 2cm and my contrations were all over the place. I think i just reasurance that i can do this.

Kirsty77 Guest

You CAN do this Kelly!! Your dilating so thats an excellent sign. My doc said that if I start to dilate gradually on my own then things are looking really promising for a VBAC. Go in with an open mind and you can accomplish anything. Don't let them persuade you into another c/s.......you can do this hun!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Absolutely!!! The thing they worry about most is the risk of uterine rupture but that can still happen with an oxytocin induction (the drip)! Also when you think about it, there is a 1% risk of miscarriage with an amnio, yet so many women do it and are fine. YOU CAN DO THIS First labours are so different to the second, your body wont necessarily do what it did last time - first births are usually much different. Also remember that fear and anxiety can make labour shut down. So try your best to surrender and relax, and let this baby come - go for a nice massage! Find someone experienced in pregnancy massage its divine.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

You DEFINITELY can do this! I had prelabour for about 2-3 weeks prior to labour. The thing I learnt was the more your body does before active labour sets in the better! My contractions were the same with Paris (all over the place) and after having done it a second time I know my body wasn't ready with Paris! I KNOW it wasn't active labour, I know that the induction wasn't what my body wanted. YOU CAN DO THIS! You just need to listen to your body and take it one step at a time, get rid of any negative thoughts in your head and replace them with positive affirmations. Your body knows what to do, and your body is the only one who knows *when* its going to happen. Don't rush it and you will find the process to be a beautiful one! If you need some positive reinforcement let me know and I'll forward you some affirmations.

Goodluck!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks
    i know i can do it, i am just over the pre labour pains all the time, and they has started in my back as i have a baby that is prosterier (spel..) They have just started up again and i am sooooooooo over it

Lean forward as MUCH as possible! Sit with your knees lower than your hips at all times... I think Kelly has some exercises...

*hugs*
    Cailin

Kelly, it is not too late to get the wee one to turn around into a better position. Here is where you will find some links to useful sites to give you some tips on how to get bubs to turn for you.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Unfortunately posterior labours can be spurious and slow as baby's spine is resting on yours and bub has to turn an extra 180 degrees to be born. You can help, and start now - do you know if bub is ROP or LOP? If ROP, lie on your right with your bottom leg straight and top leg at a 90 degree angle with pillows under it. Also avoid squatting, but get on your hands and knees and lie forward over a fitball or high beanbag for around 20 mins at a time at a 45 degree angle, not flat! Check out the spinning babies website for more info and optimal fetal positioning - there is an article on the main site which I wrote last month - heaps of ideas there for you, good luck! Bub may turn on it's own before then, but it's best to try and avoid a posterior labour if you can. Perhaps your last bubs was posterior too, hence the labour being that way - some are prone to posterior bubs due to uterus shape, placenta placement etc.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.