Thread: Yoga for preparing for a VBAC?

Default Yoga for preparing for a VBAC?

Heya, i've heard quite a few stories of sucessful VBACs and VBA2Cs etc where the women have helped prepare by doing yoga. All they've said on this is that they did it but not how much it's helped or anything. I'm really interested in this because its probably something i should start doing now if i go through with all this VBA2C stuff.
    My second c-section was an elective one because in full honesty i was so scared to death of all the pain and recovery i thought i would have after a normal birth as my first c-section was a horrible experience. I assumed (and was certainly not told differently by the hospital) that after having a nice calm elective c-section things would be less traumatic and stuff. Now after time and thought i regret my last c-section especially after attending my best friends and my sis in laws births which were natural, and really want to experience one for myself.
    So anyways.. back to the Yoga... obviously it helps as it wouls in any situation pregnant or otherwise as with any exercises, but can anyone tell me of their experiences with it? Does it really help in the way that you're physically fitter? Does it just help you to relax?

Hey Jade

I do highly recommend labor for physical and pyschological preparation for labor

it keeps mum-to-be fit and toned, improves circulation to the baby, promotes beneficial hormones, reduces discomforts of pregnancy, encourages baby in the best position for labor, improves a mothers breathing patterns and breath awareness...

I could go on

Yoga does help you to relax, as a good yoga teacher will instruct you in breathing technique, posture and methods of relaxation

if you want more info I would be more than happy to help as much as I can

xx yogababy

I do highly recommend labor for physical and pyschological preparation for labor
    oops I meant yoga would be great

typing too fast

I would recommend yogababy's manual 'yoga for belly, birth and baby' which I was really lucky to win and although I haven't had a baby yet it looks really great and will come in handy in the future I'm sure!!

Thankyou very much! i will look into it!

Good luck!