Playdough is what childhood memories are made of! So we’re going to tell you how to make playdough – minus the cooking.
It’s such a fun activity that younger (okay and maybe older!) children love, inspiring creativity and developing fine motor skills.
It’s so easy and simple to make playdough at home, and not only is it fun making playdough with your toddler or child, but playing with it together too.
This no cook playdough recipe is designed for those looking to make playdough without needing to cook it.
No messy cooking required!
How To Make Playdough
The ingredients for this playdough recipe are:
Recipe – Ingredients
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- Food colouring
How To Make No Cook Playdough
1: Mix the ingredients together in a mixing bowl
2: Continue to mix until you achieve that squishy playdough texture – this can take a little while so don’t get disheartened if it doesn’t appear to be working.
3: Store in an air tight container or sealed bag and place in the fridge – or get squishing and squashing!
No Cook Playdough Recipe – Tips
- If the playdough is a little sticky, sprinkle a cutting board with flour and roll in small amounts until its no longer sticky.
- If the colours aren’t as bright as you’d like, add in your own food colours – the more colour, the brighter they will be. For something more natural, you can use foods! For example, beetroot makes a nice red colour. Adding extra colour during the kneading process will help – wear gloves though so you don’t end up with it all over your hands!
- Want to add some pizazz? You can get creative with your playdough mix and add in glitter, coloured rice, small love heart cutouts or other shapes that you can buy from party or craft stores.
- Add scents to your playdough by using ingredients like cocoa (balance out with a little extra water)
- When you’re not using the playdough, place it in the fridge. If you find it gets sticky at any point, you can just add more flour.