Pasta & Rice Slow Cooker Recipes
These slow cooker recipes are tried and tested by our very own BellyBelly members! For delicious pasta and rice slow cooker recipes, try out these mouth-watering favourites, including lasagna, cannelloni and more!
Traditional Lasagna Slow Cooker Recipe
– Posted by Cailin
Thats right you heard it!!! The method is when you make spaghetti bolognaise (use the easy recipe below) – make 3 times the batch you normally would and store the other 2 lots in containers in the freezer.
Ingredients Spaghetti Bolognaise:
- 500g beef or pork mince
- 400g can chopped Roma tomatoes
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 1 cup beef stock or beef stock cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
This recipe takes 15mins to make and serves 4 people.
Add a tbs of oil in a large frying pan over a high heat for 1 minute. Add the mince, break up with a spatula and fry for 5 – 7 minutes, until nicely browned, stirring regularly.
Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree, and crumble in the stock cube with 1 cup of water. Continue to stir everything together until you bring it to boil.
Turn the heat down and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Using either a round or oval Pyrex dish make up the lasagna with one of the batches of pre-made bolognaise, and white sauce pasta & cheese.
- The recipe I use calls for instant lasagna sheets. the Now layer the lasagna sheets slightly over one another, so you cover the base well. Spoon in the bolognaise sauce and spread it over the lasagna sheet evenly with the back of the spoon. Repeat the same thing until you fill the dish.
- Then you can place it into the freezer, when you need it place it in the slow cooker frozen, and cook for about 3 hrs and its done!
- How good is that, so it means that you can stock your freezer with home made frozen lasagna for those emergencies, days where you didn’t get any sleep the night before or when you just get home with new bubs!
I am definitely giving it a go. But basically you should always keep 1 batch of bolognaise and 1 frozen lasagna in the freezer at all times so if you need it, its there.
Lasagna Slow Cooker Recipe
– Posted by BellyBelly
- 500g mince
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Large container cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Lasagna noodles (no need to cook)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
- Brown meat and onion in skillet. Drain off fat.
- Add a jar of spaghetti sauce and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes (if the sauce is too thick, you may want to add about a 1/2 cup of water to thin it).
- In a separate bowl, combine all the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese (except reserved 1/2 cup) and the egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of crock cooker.
- Add two layers of uncooked lasagna noodles (broken into small pieces to make them fit) and then top with cheese mixture. Repeat with sauce, noodles, and cheese mixture until all are used.
- Sprinkle reserved 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella on the very top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for approximately 3 hours. Serves 6-8.
Lasagna Slow Cooker Recipe
– Posted by BellyBelly
- 225g lasagne
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 550g mince
- 2 tsp oregano
- Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- 4 tblsp tomato paste
4 tblsp cheese sauce:
- 25g butter
- 25g flour
- 300ml milk
- 100g grated cheese
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker and preg-heat on high.
- Boil the lasagne sheets in lightly salted water for 4-5 minutes to soften, then dry with kitchen paper.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and gently saute’ the onion and the garlic until transparent.
- Add the mince and oregano and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring well.
- Season with the salt and pepper and add the cheese.
- Arrange a layer of mince mixture in the slow cooker, followed by a layer of pasta, then cheese sauce. Continue doing this, finishing with a layer of cheese.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Red Kidney Bean & Rice Slow Cooker Recipe
-Posted by Cailin
Prep Time 10 mins plus 20 mins soaking
Cooking Time on high 4-5 hours
Auto Cook 6-8 hours
- 1 tbsp dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 4 shallots, peeled and cut into wedges (the onion shallots not the spring onion shallots)
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 birds eye chillies, deseeded, chopped
- 156g easy cook brown rice, rinsed
- 1 lemongrass stalk, outer leaves discarded, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, crumbled if dried
- 2 small red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 200 g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 225g sliced button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Green salad to serve
- Preheat slow cooker on high while preparing the ingredients.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in almost boiling water for 20 minutes, drain reserving the liquor.
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the shallots, garlic and chillies for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, lemongrass kaffir lime leaves, red pepper, stock, soy and fish sauces, reserved soaked mushrooms and their liquor and honey. Bring to the boil.
- Pour into the cooking pot and cook for 3 hours.
- Add the kidney beans and button mushrooms and continue to cook for 1 to 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with a green salad.
Cannelloni Slow Cooker Recipe
-Posted by Angel
- 2 x boxes cannelloni
- 2 x packs frozen spinach
- 500g (I think) of ricotta
- 2 eggs
- A good handful of grated cheese (any sort you want)
- Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp or so of mixed herbs
- 1 litre of pasta sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Mix spinach, ricotta, eggs, cheese, and garlic together.
- Stuff into the cannelloni tubes.
- Mix herbs and pasta sauce together and pour just enough into the slow cooker to cover the bottom.
- Put a layer of cannelloni in, then more sauce, cannelloni etc.
- Cook for about 3 hours on low.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese over the top about 20 mins before it’s ready.
Grandma’s Creamy Rice Slow Cooker Recipe
– Posted by Jo
- 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- 2 & 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tabs sugar
- 1 Tab butter
- Nutmeg to taste (just a little bit)
Chuck it all in and give it a stir. Cook on high for 3 hours, stirring during last hour. Thin with more milk if desired.
Sweet and Sour Meat & Rice Slow Cooker Recipe
-Posted by Sarah_H
- 16 oz extra lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 1 & 3/4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs brown sugar twin
- 1 Tbs reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 & 1/2 cups chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1 & 1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray, brown meat.
- Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored spray.
- In a prepared container, combine undrained pineapple, tomato sauce, brown sugar, and soy sauce.
- Stir in green pepper, onion, and parsley flakes.
- Add browned meat and uncooked rice. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Mix well before serving.
Serves 6 (1 cup) servings 239 Calories, 7 grm fat, 16 gm protein, 28 gm carbs, 587 mg sodium, 31 mg calcium, 3 gm fibre. WW: 5 points
For more information on buying the right slow cooker for you, we recommend you review the following;
Slow Cooker Reviews
To find out more about slow cookers recipes, you can read BellyBelly’s article :