Thread: Jelly Like Discharge

confusedegg Guest

Default Jelly Like Discharge

I am not sure where to post this, considering some would be charting by examining discharge, thought someone might have had experienced this type discharge? and is it normal.

Wednesday i woke and my discharge was white dry discharge and then later in afternoon, i went to toilet and wiped, i then felt like something stuck up into cervix, there was nothing on paper and wiped again and pulled it out. It looked like thick jelly like discharge (almost like glue you get when someone sends you a card from financial institution). I took a sample in jar and went to the hospital, they said theyd never seen anything like it & asked what is it, i told them and they did internal.. i thank god there was some still there (otherwise would have felt like real clown) and they have taken sample to lab for testing... Has anyone had this?? No one i have asked has yet.

Thank you
    Chris

confusedegg Guest

Emma, Thank you, i will.. its not nice to have something like that and not know what it is..

Chris

I haven't had anything that resembles that glue you mentioned. But I have had the odd jelly-like CM which i almost had to 'pass'. I could feel it coming out when went to the loo, and it was a solid blob of wobbly mucus. V wierd. I never got it checked out tho.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ivana_baby
    I haven't had anything that resembles that glue you mentioned. But I have had the odd jelly-like CM which i almost had to 'pass'. I could feel it coming out when went to the loo, and it was a solid blob of wobbly mucus. V wierd. I never got it checked out tho.
    I get this jelly type stuff and it's what I call my egg white CM. It's a glob of jelly goop!

confusedegg Guest

Thanks for your help Emma, Ivana and Fee.

Fee.. this is what i thought.. If this is the case.. does it happen after or before "O's"???

Usually just before or during O.

*TamaraP* Guest

Thats what I normally get the day before "o"
    Sorry this is going to be TMI but I have to litterally pull it out or it feels like something is stuck up there!! 8-[

Hope this helps, but glad you are not embarrassed to get it checked out...I would be

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by confusedegg
    Fee.. this is what i thought.. If this is the case.. does it happen after or before "O's"???
    Just before O – check out my chart below. Last cycle I had a couple of days of EWCM. For me it's definitely globby jelly stuff - I can really tell the difference compared to other CM.

Sounds like Egg White Cervical Mucous. Are they testing it for you? Hopefully it turns out to be nothing sinister.
    It occurs before you O and is there to nourish and help transport the sperm up into the uterus and beyond.

confusedegg Guest

Emma. i am keeping you updated.. No infection, discharge came back no abnormalities... :smt102 Dr didnt tell me what the jelly like glob was?? i guess i will have to wait and see if/when AF arrives... But i thinks it maybe what i thought and has been confirmed by other ladies here they have same/similar thing, that is EWCM before and or during "o". (i hope this is the case with me "o").

Nuttywife... Not TMI.. that is what got my attention when i wiped and felt like i had gooby stuck in my nose (hope not TMI), but instead in my vaginal/cervix insides and had to pull to get it out... (IYKWIM).

Do you think that maybe after loosing twins that hormones may have kicked in after PTL 21 weeks?

could chris becoming somewhat more fertile

Thanking you all
    Chris

JoDan Guest

I have had this blob a few times myself and wondered what it was. I think I have only had it since going off the pill.

can anyone say whether it is good or bad? for ovulating etc. ???

It is really good. \/ You want to BD around that time to catch the egg. The sperm love it

confusedegg Guest

Thanks davesgirl.

Jodan, i was wondering the same thing, if it is good for ovulation?? but i am on ivf, so not alot difference to me. but would be interesting to know.

jbprincess Guest

Hey!

I thought I would post here too, and see what advice I get!!

I got some of this on CD17, it was exactly like you have described!! Clear, jelly like discharge. I had it on my first cycle off the pill and I have been recording it as EWCM.

I have already posted this, but now that I have read that you can see EWCM before O - I am a bit worried!! I only saw it for this one day, and we BD on CD20, thinking it would be safe.....

I have been waiting for AF to arrive, but so far nothing!! I just have white CM at the moment, kinda hard to describe...... fairly thin and wet and dries white in undies...

What do you guys think??

*TamaraP* Guest

The CM you are recording now is Creamy.

Fee Guest

I had the most massive glob of jelly EW last night. So I'm hoping I've O-ed earlier than my last cycle. Plus my temp rose this morning too! Yay!

I just wanted to add that I too have had this - in my first cycle of the pill I had a massive glob come out and it was tinged brown / red. It happened two days in a row.

I told my gynacholgist(sp??) about it and she said that will happen when you O. And the discolouration is probably O spotting. Funny thing is - it hasn't happend again since then (been about 6 months). I do get some of what I would classify as EWCM but not to the same extent.