Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #1

Yep, bleeding during pg happened everyday for me! I even had a major clot come out at 16weeks. 8-[ So I just monitored it and would contact my OB if anything changed - I also had regular U/S to monitor how the baby was growing.

She came great - apgar 10, twice!

I'm 7 weeks preg counting from my LMP. Caution - tmi to follow! 8-[ Started bleeding at about 5 weeks. For the first 6 days it was really heavy & bright red. Now it's tapered off and is dark brown. No clotting. Quite a few cramps.

I've now had 3 u/s. First was Monday 31/1/05. The second u/s was one week later 7/2/05 and the third yesterday9/2/05. Bub grew quite a bit in between ultrasounds; my HcG levels are rising in the normal range and there is a strong heart beat (measured at 110 bpm on Monday 7/2).

However, the u/s are showing there's still lots of blood in my uterus quite near the little foetal sac. Am really scared. There's soooooooo many stories about bleeding ending in m.c. Am booked in for yet another u/s next week.

Fingers crossed this is a healthy little foetus which will grow into a healthy lil baby.

colleeg Guest

good luck Kirsty, im sure you have good luck.
    Bleeding is a worry, but remember you have a litte one kicking on in there with a really strong heart beat. =D>

keep us posted on your progress

colleeg

Kirsty each pg, baby and mother are different. There may be alot of stories with bleeding ending in MC but there are also a lot of stories where a healthy baby is born.

I personally have had bleeding, right upto the birth with major clot discharges. So I would recommend that you try and think positive, be mindful of what your body is doing and listen to your OB.

Good luck

Thanks for the encouragement. Fingers crossed. xx

Hi Kirsty, welcome to bellybelly I'm sure that you'll find all the girls here very supportive. I hope that all is well with your little one, as colleeg said a strong heartbeat is a good sign and many people bleed during thier pregnancies and have lovely healthy babies.

Hi dachlostar,

I had no idea how common bleeding was until this past fortnight. I now keep hearing stories of healthy people who's mum's bled when they were pregnant with them. Hope that my baby will be healthy to. I can't erase the niggling fear that all this bleeding means something's wrong. 8-[ xx

Kirsty - I am sure it will be good news for you at youe next u/s. I know its easier said than done, but do try not to stress about it, no matter what happens be confident that there is nothing you could have done differently. Besot of luck for the ultrasound

Fire Fly Guest

Im glad i came across this forum because i need a bit of advise.
    With my first pregnancy i fell as soon as i went of the pill. No bleeding at all through whole pregnancy. That was 2 years ago.
    Now we are trying TTC again. Ive gone off pill and AF was very late. Took 36 days to come. But its very very light and has only lasted 3 days. Its like its not happenening at all thats how light it is.
    I was going to test tomorrow but dont want to waste money it its not worth it. Is it normal to have this happen. Might we be PG or am i just hopeing.
    Not sure if i should do a test.

kerrie

I'm only on week 6 and I've been getting cramps and spotting.
    My doctor said it's common to spot up to 12 weeks pg, but when I look around here, I'm surprised how many actually bleed much further into their pg's.

I've now had my 4th u/sound. All still seems to be going well. \/ The little blighter has continued to grow and there's an even stronger/faster heartbeat. Unfortunately I am still bleeding (this is now the 3rd week since it started) and because of this, the preg is still regarded as a "threatened miscarriage". Am resting as much as I can and trying not to worry too much. Fingers crossed the pregnancy progresses and baby continues to grow. I'm told there's about 50% chance the pregnancy will continue on to produce a healthy baby.

To the other girls who are spotting/bleeding, as far as my research has revealed & Ob has told me, there's not a lot we can do to change the outcome. If it's a healthy embryo all should be ok. It's just a case of waiting to see what happens. Good luck girls.

Kirsty, I hope that pesky bleeding goes away soon and your little one's a sticker, surely the growth and strong heartbeat are good signs. I'm sure that the odds get better every day so just keep taking it easy and looking after yourself. :luck:

rails Guest

Last night DH & I bd & afterwards I noticed a bit of colour when I went to the loo ... so put a panty liner on to check clearer if it was blood. When I went to the loo again before bed - about 3hrs later - had a brownish blood spot the size of a 10 cent piece. I am 29 weeks pg .... should I be worried or is this normal after BD'ing - have not had bleeding before at all during this pg. There was no blood this morning.

this happened to me once. the midwife said that its because the cervix has more blood than normal it bleeds easily and that a little brown blood is probably from the cervix but that if there's alot of its bright red I should go to hospital asap.if it keeps going maybe you should contact your care provider for a check.

rails Guest

thanks dachlostar, that info helps alot. Was going to ring the hospital this morning if I saw more this morning - but because there was none, thought i would just mention at my appoint on Wed.

I was 6.5 wks pg when we started telling our parents the exciting news. That night when i went to bed I had a really sore lower back, i thought this was just a symptom of pregnancy. The pain got so bad thaqt I was really upset and uptight. When I woke the next morning I had a really bad feeling. I went to the toilet and discovered that i was bleeding. I m/c that morning, I get painful periods every month, but this pain was totally different, it was all in my lower back for the first couple of days.

so thats my story O

love elissa

Fire Fly Guest

Elissa, im very sorry for your loss. I went through the same thing but without the pain. I just started bleeding but tried not to panic as i know from being on BB that its quite normal to bleed.
    Unfortunatley that wasnt the case. Dr said i was 6 wks but i estimated to be 4. Either way we have lost a part of our sole.

Its takes time to deal with the pain, but it will never leave your mind.

Take care

Kerrie :luck:

Boo Bella Guest

Hi All,

I had bleeding with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies. With the 2nd it was very heavy (sorry if TMI follows). The bleeding was so heaving that I was wearing maternity pads and if I did not change them every 30mins blood would be running down my leg. I had many u/s and no one could work out where it was comming from or what was causing it. This went on for over 3 weeks although not quite as heavy after the 1st wk. I had regular spotting through out the pg and when I was in labour I was in the bed thought my waters had broken got up and the whole bed was covered in blood (TMI). When my waters were finally broken they were blood stained as well. Still do not know why. With 3rd pg had light spotting the whole time. Hopefully this pg will be bleeding free!!

Bel

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast