Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #1

Yeahhhhh great news Bid. Crossing everything for you that all continues to go well.

kirsty Guest

Okay after reading here for a while I guess it is time I added my story too.

In my first pg I had some bright red bleeding at approx. 8wks, Dr put me in hospital to have a scan as he was worried that it may have been an ectopic pg. Scan showed it was all ok & no more spotting to be seen.

My second pg I had some bright red bleeding after working a frantic & hectic Xmas Eve (approx 6wks pg) a dash to emergency at the hospital saw me being told to rest & take it easy but if it is going to happen then at this early stage there isn't much they can do. Spotting went on for about 24hrs & then nothing more, but unfortunately we ended up losing our second precious son at 18w5d gestation.

This time around at 11w6d I again was at work when I had another bright red bleed, this one only went for about an hour & was then pretty much just smears when I wiped after the toilet. But went & saw Dr anyway after what we went through last pg, he ordered an u/s but as it was a public holiday the next day had to wait until Friday. Ordered to complete bedrest until the scan. Scan showed bubs was fine, cervix was closed & no stand out reason as to why the bleeding. Then had another scan 4days later at a different place (for NT scan) & the lady said all looked good. Had an OB appt later that same day & she said that for some women this is normal ~ even though in last 2 pg's I had only had the one occurence. This time I am noticing that occasionally I am getting the old dark brown (old blood) stringy bits in my CM when I go to the toilet, usually when I have been doing too much. But am thinking positive, as the OB said "once you have seen a heartbeat the chances of losing a baby is very slim". So I am living by those words & trying not to get too obsessed over every little tinge in my CM & listening to my body about when I have done enough for the time being.

Good on you Kirsty. Great to see that attitude.

I for one can verifty bleeding is not always bad!

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

kirsty Guest

Thanx Sheree it is actually your story that keeps me going in the right direction sometimes!!

Yeah I still pinch myself Kirsty, I just cant believe it, but am so so happy all the same. I won't believe it entirely I don't think till I am holding my baby.

I am glad I give you hope. It just sux that we have to even experience this though.

Default Bleeding in pregnancy

Hi all,
    Unfortunately, I started spotting again today, so feel pretty horrible. Am going in for scan tomorrow - trying to stay positive - but am fearing the worst. You're right Sheree, it does suck that we have to go through this!
    Bid

GL honey thinking of you.

Am feeling so much better. Saw a heartbeat today! And my dates are confirmed at 7.5 weeks which is in line with early HCG tests. Spotting seems to have subsided (for now). Thanks again for the words of encouragement. They mean so much and it's good to know you're not alone.

i also have experienced bleeding in pregnancy the first time i had some spotting at about 7w 5d i hadnt seen a doctor yet as i discovered with my first pregnancy the doctors didnt do alot for me till about 12 weeks anyway ... so i freaked out and went to see my doctor i explained that the spotting was light brown and light but scaring me all the same so first thing he did was take a preg test which came up negative he laughed in my face and told me i was just getting a late period due to breastfeeding !!! anyway he took a blood test and called me back the next day to say it was positive and i needed an ultrasound by this time i had been bleeding verry heavily and had passed large clots .. well in the u/s they couldnt see my baby at all

i waited a long cycle before ttc again and fell pg straight away i went to see my gp straight away for hcg monitoring ... i have had a bit of trouble with my hcg levels doubling slowly but apart from that fely verry pregnant
    at 7w i had started spotting the same light brown and rushed to my gp she told me not to get my hopes up as things werent looking good ...i went for a scan 7w2d and all was fine baby in there nice and high and little heart beating away i was surprised . my doctor told me to take it easy for the rest of the week which i found easier said then done being home alone with a toddler . 2 days later the bleeding got heavier and verry red it has been like that for 4 days now and i have been passing smallish clots .... i am sooo afraid to lose this baby too i went to the emergency dept lastnight but after waiting for 6 hours i was crying and people were staring so i just left before being seen
    tomorrow i get to see my GP i will update this when i know more

im sorry to say the news isnt good in my u/s today it showed my baby had gone i feel relieved now this has dragged on so long please dont let my storys discourage you as alot of peoplr have bleeding in their pregnancys and go on to deliver perfectly healthy babys !

Oh Im so sorry to hear your news faerigirl, your loss sounds so like mine, I feel for you, and wish we never had to go through this...I hope you doin ok.Take care

Faeriegirl - I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs to you.

kirsty Guest

Jess once again I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.

kriminal Guest

Default early pregnancy bleeding

I have just discovered I am pregnant with my third child (5weeks 5days) and have been experiencing some light bleeding for the last week. An ultrasound has revealed that everything looks normal, although it's still too early to tell if the pregnancy is viable. My first pregnancy was normal and i delivered a healthy baby girl who will be 10 this year. My second daughter will be 6 this year however I experienced bleeding for the whole 9 months with her. Having been thorugh this once before I thought I would be ok this time around however the not knowing is very harrowing for the mind. I am so glad to have discovered this forum as it very comforting to read other women's stories and makes me realise that there are lots of people worse off then me. I have been feeling sorry for myself all weekend but tonight after reading your stories I am feeling alot more positive. It's nice to know you're not the only one.

doodlesbrin Guest

Hi there,
    I've never done this before but needed to talk and share. While I went on to have a healthy daughter, I had bleeding from week 7 to 15 with my first pregnancy (achieved after IVF) and was a basket case for the first few weeks. I thought I was going to m/c every single day as it was so heavy. My obstetritian was wonderful though and told me that it was not uncommon and that I should tell everyone I was pg when I reached 14 weeks. However, I never actually found anyone who had been through the same thing to talk to as this was 5 years ago and pre-internet for me at home.

Well, I've been through IVF again and the bleeding is back. I actually didn't think I was pg as I thought my period had arrived but a BT showed positive. I am now sitting at home, waiting for the bleeding to stop or if not, waiting for another BT to see if the pg has progressed. If I am still pg, I am about 5-6 weeks. I still haven't found anyone who has been in the same situation, but at least this time I have the internet. It was terrific to read others stories and now that I really am NOT alone. It helps alot.

kriminal Guest

Hi doodlesbrin,
    While I conceived naturally, I am 7 weeks pregnant and have been bleeding for the last 3 weeks. I can totally relate to your concern. It is so mentally draining. I feel like I am in a constant state of limbo. I also bled with my 2nd preg. and went on to have a healthy baby girl, as I stated in my previous posts.
    I feel like i am going insane at times, and sometimes find myself wishing I would miscarry so i can just move on. I feel so guilty and selfish for admitting that, but the constant worry is soul destroying. i'm finding myself in the toilet every 10 minutes or so just to check, and every time i hold my breath and think, this is it....but so far my "little horsey" (don't ask me why i've come up with that nickname, I'm certainly not hoping for a horse lol) is hanging in there.
    All I can say is hang in there, we'll get through this one way or another.
    Take care and try not to get too much into your own head, a task that's almost impossible i know. Good luck, I am thinking of you!
    Last edited by kriminal; July 27th, 2006 at 09:01 AM.

doodlesbrin Guest

Kriminal,
    Thank you so much for your response to my post. You said everything I feel and that made me feel not so alone (or as crazy!). This pg if it succeeds would be the result of the last of 8 IVF embryo transfers. My husband and I made a pact that this would be the last due to the stress - emotionally and physically - it puts you under. Unfortunately, in combination with the bleeding, this is not contributing to a peaceful state of mind. None the less, the posts I've read, especially your response, have reassured me as much as anyone could. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

kriminal Guest

doodlesbrin,
    I am so glad I could help. I hope everything is going well for you, I could not imagine having to go through what you have been through. I have 2 sisters, both are unable to conceive naturally. They've both been through IVF a couple of times with no luck. I feel so guilty that conceiving is not a problem for me.
    I am also comforted by the fact that there is someone out there who feels the same way I do. At times I think I'm going to go totally insane. I am trying to remain detatched a bit from this baby, because I don't want to be devastated (probably impossible, I know) if nature decides it's not meant to be this time. I refuse to make plans for nursery furniture etc until I am at least 16 weeks. I just can't do it yet. As much as I want to.
    Take care and I really hope that things work out for both of us.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast