Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Bleeding During Pregnancy - Women's Stories Of Bleeding In Pregnancy #1

Keesha21 Guest

Default Thankyou all for your information

Finally I've found some useful information! I I have been searching the net for info and haven't had much luck. I think I'm pregnant but I'm not sure (Even though I've had 3 positive tests and symptoms) because I have had spotting -of all sorts! At first I thought it was just a weird period as it was 2 weeks after I had the first period after going off the pill (End of May 06). No cramping, little blood and other brown stuff. It stopped and then I felt weird and thought I'd do a test, just in case - whalla pregnant.
    I've had a scan both types and they were unable to confirm - could be too early! Potentially I could have miscarried. I'm still quite worried that I could have but just wont know until I have another scan and blood test in another 2-3 weeks. Still have symptoms of pregnancy though.
    I haven't had any spotting for about 7 days. I went to the toilet mid morning and when I wiped (sorry if TMI) and there was brown stuff....

Anyone else had anything similar?? What is this brown stuff...old blood??
    Heidi

I just wanted to thank everyone who posted here as it is a great relief to read these stories and see that they can have a positive outcome. On the other hand, I am so sorry to hear of all the ladies who suffered a loss.

I just found out I was pg a week ago. I am currently only about 4w 1d, very early. I had some implantation spotting, it never really stopped and then turned red on the weekend. I freaked and started crying. DH called the ER and they said if I had any cramps or pain to come straight in. I had an appt with my GP scheduled for Tuesday morning, and although there was more red, I did not have any pain so we never went to teh ER, I just rested in bed.

So I went to the GP where we were expecting to have the blood drawn etc, and as soon as I said I had blood the doc seemed worried. SHe made me take a urine test in her office which came back neg, despite the six pee sticks I had at home with a positive on them (I actually now think this was because I only went to the bathroom about ten mins before). So she gave me a pathology referral for HCG, beta HCG and u/s. I went to the u/s but it was too early to tell, although they said they could see my lining was thick and they saw the corpus luteum cyst.

So, for three days we have been waiting anxiously, and after all my ttc research I knew it was the beta that would give me some indication,and if that was good, then I would have to have another beta and u/s later on. Well, I finally got hold of my doc and she said the HCG came back +++ (she sounded surprised) but there was no beta. Why not? I told her the pathology tech told me it would take 48 horus. Well, it turned out, the pathology tech called her about the suh request, and my doc cancelled the quantitative beta!! Can you believe that!

Today my bleeding has lessened off but this is our first pg and I have been so worried. I haven't had any pain. DH thinks I am just going to be a bleeder but I am not sure. I really needed those test results for reassurance. The GP told me to get rest, and that she would call me on Monday, to see if I should come in for more b.w. Well, I would think I would need to :mad:

I was really upset after this phone call and DH did not really understand why (although he has been great this whole time). It's been very reassuring to read all these posts. Thanks ladies and sorry for my long post, I just needed to vent a bit, I am really worried but trying to stay positive.

Keep your faith Scarlet hun,
    a positive test is really reassuring,,,,all you can do now is hope this bubba is a sticky little fighter, and stays put.
    I will have all fingers and toes crossed for you

Well heres my story as it stands SO FAR....
    i am 27, 3 daughters all no complications aside from some spotting with my 2nd child (one incident)

Sorry if I provide TMI in the following. But I really wish some of the previous entries did!!

I am according to LMP 6w5d pregnant with #4
    Yesterday I had some light spotting. I didnt think much of it but wore a pad to bed. Basically is was bright red when I wiped but no evidence on underware.
    This morning I woke and went to the toilet. The pad was FULL and leaked some what. Bleeding was bright red and more occurred as I sat on the toilet. This freaked me out understandably so I rang the Womens Assesment Service and they said to come in asap. I took my eldest to school and dropped the younger two off at the grandparents and went in.

My bleeding had slowed and would be equivalent to a light period. Constant but not heavy....anyway....

Basically I had 2 vials of blood taken. One for hCG level and one as I am a- and would need an antiD shot. Urine sample was taken aswell.
    I then had an U/S which showed nothing. My hCG levels were only 484 which is more like a 4-5 week level.
    All they could offer me was that all could be okay but to come back in 3 days for another hCG test to see if my levels are increasing.

I had my shot in the bum and went home.

Right now I am an emotional mess. the bleeding is lighter and no clotting, no pain but I have a 3 day wait till I can get a definate answer.

Cinnamon,
    This is a really difficult situation. The waiting is so hard. I am sorry but Ican't say anythng that is going to sound comforting at this time. I have a friend who is enduring a similar situation. She is bleeding heavily and has to await an u/s on Friday.
    I understand the shock when youhave had previous healthy and text book pregnancies to then go through something that isn't your usual.
    You will find lots of love and support here on BELLY Belly. Come back in and please tell us how you went.
    I will be thinking of you...

Update...
    I have more or less come to the conclusion that I am no longer pregnant
    Bleeding hasnt let up at all over the past few days so I took a HPT this morning and it was only very faint (previously was quite dark) so my hGC levels must be dropping Physically I feel fine. I have been bleeding only moderately like a light period, 2 pads a day type of flow but today I started getting mild cramps. Again its all milder than my normal period.

Anyway I will have a medical confirmation tomorrow.

I'm meant to be performing Sat night but have bailed on it.

The hardest part is the emotions. I have 3 healthy daughters, all easily conceived (never had to try for more than a month) all straight forward pregnancies and I just expected this one to be as simple. I am healthier now than I have ever been, as is DH. I am starting to think that perhaps I am just not meant to have another.

Anyway I will update tomorrow once I get back. but not holding up much hope.......

Just thought I should finish my story. Today it was confirmed I misscarried. 8 w 3 d. Thankyou to this forum, it gave me hope and made the last few days bearable.

Cinnamon, :hugs: I am so sorry that your little one flew away. Be gentle with yourself through this difficult time. Please keep in touch, you will find lots of wonderful woman support on here... :hugs:

Hi everyone,
    I don't know if I have anything to worry about but can't help it. Since yesterday I have had some blood in my discharge (sorry for TMI). It hasn't been bad, no pains or cramps, and only very minimal, streaky at first, but now the discharge is pink. It did turn brown this morning, but pink again now. I had a similiar experience with my DD, when I was 9weeks. But everything turned out o.k, with her, I'm trying not to worry myself, and keep thinking that it will be fine, but I can't help to worry a little.
    Anyone else experience this type of discharge?

As this thread has exceeded 140 posts I'm going to lock it off and start a new one.
    You can find it HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678