My second c-section was an elective. It was fantastic. My DS2 was on chest quickly after being born and my DH cuddled him next to me until the last 5 minutes of my section. He then met me in recovery and I had my ds again. We started our first feed in recovery and he never left my side. I was up and about the next morning and while I couldn't pick my ds1 up he was old enough to be able to climb up next to me and cuddle with me and his new little brother. Both my boys were born by c-section and while I would love to have given birth naturally the reality was that that wasn't an option. My oldest ds has seen the scar on my tummy and I tell him that's where he and his little brother came out. I also tell him it's not were babies normally come out but that's where Mummy's baby's come from. I also encourage you to make a list of things that you want to ensure happen (skin-skin, baby staying with you, feeding asap) and discuss them with your Ob/Midwife. This will give you a chance to express to them that these things are really important to you and that baring any complications they are non negotiable. This is still your birth and you can still have some control. Make sure you take that control and feel like you have some power in this birth. Big .