Thread: Did anyone have convincing AF symptoms, then BFP?

Default Did anyone have convincing AF symptoms, then BFP?

Hi All,

Just hoping to see some replies from those of you who are pregnant currently, in regards to your symptoms leading up to a BFP. Were you convinced AF was coming?

Thanks!

Vanessa

Yes I was two days before my AF I always had cramping and I still got that cramping and bloating but then they never came!

Oh yes - i think i even put a pad on JIC! Symptoms were very very similar, the only thing that made me think maybe im pg was that my bbs didnt stop hurting (they normally stop hurting a day or so before af actually arrives).

Best of luck!
    Lisa

Yep - symptoms just exactly the same. BB hurt like hell, which, now that Lisa mentions it, they prob did hurt more then normal. But, i was charting, and didnt think i had even ovulated as my temp never changed as dramatically as it had the month before, so prob didnt think much of it.

Any bleeding at all associated with the cramping etc?

no. did have bleeding at between 5 to about 8 weeks, but never with cramps.

babyinmybelly Guest

I had cramps, sore boobs & bloating before I thought my AF was coming.
    Then I had light spotting for 3 days but turned out to be implantation bleeding.
    I still get cramps & have very sore boobs still.
    AF symptoms & Preggo symptoms are basically identical. I didn't pick up that I was peeing alot more & doing stupid things though so sometimes they're good hints that you could be pregnant.

Thanks for the replies!

Its been a confusing time for me this month. I normally get hellish AF cramping/severe pain, heavy bleeding for a week. I came off the pill 5 months ago and have been TTC since. I"m 26 btw. Anyhoo - this month I was trying not to get excited, but had cramping start earlier than normal, and AF 5 days late, however started bleeding a bit today. I also had palpitations, indigestion, went to bed at 3 in the afternoon the other day. Just felt "different' and was holding off testing a bit longer.

ah the joys of the rollercoaster ride :-)

Take a urine test will give u an indication. I didnt have bleeding with cramps I had bleeding later implantation bleeding and then again not long ago but bubs stil alive and kickin

Each time I've been pg, it has been rather unplanned and I just thought I had very severe PMS that month and that it was so bad because AF was overdue.

When are you going to test? If AF is 5 days overdue, it's the perfect time. I hope your bleeding is breakthrough bleeding

CatherineL Guest

Might sound stupid - but my period was 2 weeks late and i still was sure my period was coming, i even wore pads and panty liners i was so certain! I experienced cramping which only stopped quite recently, extreme tiredness and extreme hunger - which i all get before AF anyway.

Good luck!

The only things I noticed that was markedly different to getting AF was that I was extremely tired and suffering from indigestion a lot.

I don't feel confident but will do a test in the morning and see what happens. Thanks so much for the replies!

Hey,
    I had cramps the week before AF was due, and wasn't even going to do a test. The only reason I did was cos AF was due the next day and I preferred to see a BFN than get the news from the nasty witch. I was surprised when I got my BFP!!

Good luck,

mazzie Guest

Did you test?!

I had cramps before I got a position from HPT. Symptoms were generally AF cramps, really sore bbs, and indigestion...