Thread: Cold stomach all the time

Default Cold stomach all the time

Just wondered if this is a bit wierd cos I haven't read or heard about it ANYWHERE....

My belly is always cold. Even if I am hot, the skin is cold to the touch. I was thinking that maybe all the heat is inside helping the baby grow which is fine, but then I worry that maybe the baby is cold too.

I know I am probably just worrying over nothing, but had never heard of it before so was hoping someone else has a cold belly like me!

Sarah,

Sorry can't help you there. Maybe you should be glad for it, especially when the hot weather comes

Take care
    Trish

Hi Sarah,

I can't really remember how my belly felt temperature-wise when I was PG... however it makes sense that your body would be directing the blood supply into the uterus/baby etc, rather than to your skin surface?
    I doubt that the little one is cold though, probably very toasty and comfy in there!
    Maybe you should query your Dr/Midwife next time you have a checkup?..

Pietta Guest

Sarah there were parts of my belly that were ALWAYS cold!! DH used to call himself Daddy warm hands because he figured the parts of my belly that were cold were the areas Ryley was 'hanging out.' He used to put his hands there and they were soooooo warm compared to my belly.

This was just normal for me the whole way through. Also my belly got really itchy were it was cold and Ryley is all good now!

I hope this helps a bit!!

mr bubbles Guest

My belly feels cold at the moment. Never noticed it before. Don't know it'd be happening though. But I really doubt the baby would be cold too.

mr bubbles Guest

By the way this is Tegan. I'm on my b/f's log in

*phew*

That's a relief, I knew someone had to know what I was talking about!

Thanks guys

oh yeah, have noticed that too, Sarah - it's so funny because I always feel quite warm, but the belly is always rather cool to touch

btw. congrats on having a boy! just read it (haven't been surfing much recently)

I was reading a pregnancy book last night and was reminded of this thread. The book mentioned that some women notice that their belly and sometimes the outside of their thighs feel very cold at times. It said that this is probably due to less blood circulating through fat tissue in these areas as blood flow to other areas of the body increases. It's not a problem though.

Thanks Angel

I KNEW there was a topic about cold pregnant bellies! So found it and bumped it, as my belly is cold in certain parts as well!

It's a weird thing isn't it Jo! I thought I was going mad at the time.