Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2cm dilated...40 weeks + 1 day

~Belinda~ Guest

Default 2cm dilated...40 weeks + 1 day

I got back from Ob appointment this afternoon and I am 2cm dilated already, cervix has thinned and he felt Bub's head...I am having irregular period like cramps but they are not close together.

I wonder if I will go into pre-labour soon? Did anyone else experience this? I am wondering whether I should go walking to bring it on!

Bindy - omg how exciting for you ... i would say start walking and see what happens

~Belinda~ Guest

Yeah I think I definately should walk on the treadmill OR have a bounce on my fitball!!!

~Belinda~ Guest

I hope so, though I have heard people can be dilated for a while before going into labour? Just wait and see I guess....

Hi Bindy
    Walking is a great idea but don't over do it. Remember you also need your rest.
    Try nipple stimulation and sex.
    Good luck

Good luck, it sounds like it will happen any day soon. Hope you have a Happy New Year

Ooooh, GL Bindy! Hope your bub is here soon

Wow! sounds like you won't need that induction Check out the main site for an article on natural induction methods - anything is worth a shot to try to kick start some real contractions - but like Alan said, you need your rest too OK, so don't overdo it on the walking.

~Belinda~ Guest

Thought last night was it! But I was wrong...! Started having contractions at 10pm and they were 15 minutes apart, woke up this morning to nothing really...so unsure what is going on and majorly confused!!!

Hang in there Bindy. Your body is practising and getting ready. Best of luck for when Madeleine decides to make her appearance. Can't wait to hear your birth story.

Hi Bindy
    Unfortunatly that is quite common, but it is a sign that your body is getting ready. I don't think that you will have to wait too much longer for labour to start.

Hi Bindy, I was 2cm dilated with a thin cervix and my OB also could feel bubs head and I stayed this way for another 11 days! I tried walking, sex, clay sage oil, acupuncture...nothing worked.

Your bub will come eventually, enjoy those last few kicks and try to rest before the big event!

Hang in there - it's all coming together!

Careful in the heat ok?

Hi Bindy

I was in exact position as you! 2cm dilated at 40 weeks and 1 day (Monday) and I ended up having my daughter on Wednesday at 40 weeks and 3 days.

My pre-labour was mentally exhausting as I was on red alert IYKWIM and ended up only having 7 hours sleep in 3 days!

So as the others have said, try some stuff to bring it on but also make sure you don't wear yourself out. It could be a while and you will need your energy.

Easier said than done I know!

~Belinda~ Guest

Thanks everyone, just lost some of my plug so hopefully that means something! Starting to get mild cramps again too but nothing like last night...

Hi Bindy,
    I was been reading up on you for a couple of days (I hope that's not too scarey ). Anyway I'm sorry about all the teasing your body has been putting you through, know that feeling way too well. But on the bright side your body is doing alot of hard work without putting you through too much pain. All this pre labor is a good thing. When you do going into labor there is a good chance things will happen at a good pace and not get drawn out. Good luck hun, it's definately not long to go now. Can't wait to hear how you go.

Snap Bindy, yey on the plug and double yey on the mild pains. It's all going happen soon, what an exciting time for you. I hope your have a wonderful labor, it's such an amazing experience for you and your DP. Good luck !! Have you tried nipple stimulation. If you have a breast pump this also works well, if using your fingers is a bit iky, maybe DP could help . Anyway it works well, and it's relaxing on your body as well, you won't have to worry about using up all your energy.

Oh you might be having your baby very very very very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on Madeline, go go go

~Belinda~ Guest

Thanks MummyMel, let's hope it's not too far. No I haven't tried the NS, I might give that one a go. DP is pretty excited, he'll be a new Daddy soon! I'm nervous but excited too. Come on Madeleine for sure! I looked at your totsite too, your kiddies are cuties....!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast