Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contractions 10 minutes apart, when will they get closer??

Don't feel silly - you may not be all that much dilated, but you have started and your cervix is still doing a lot of hard work thinning out and and getting shorter with each contraction. I can vouch for painful posterior births - I have had two of them now. try to do everything you can to get baby to turn to a better postion - all fours, sitting on the toilet with your legs apart (this will make the space at the back of the pelvis smaller, encouraging baby to turn to the front of the pelvis where it is bigger from your legs being apart) and walking - gravity is the key here - so walking, all 4's and sitting on the loo will all help with baby getting in the right possie. And don't forget to rest when you can - make a nest out of a heap of pillows and nestle your belly in the hollow so you can lay down but still keep in the best position.

Good luck - you can do this!!!!

pegasus - no my waters haven't broken yet. They said they could manually do that if it doesn't happen soon. Did that help you? Did that really kick your labour on? Wow you had a marathon birth too, you must have been exhausted!

Trillian - thanks for the tips on turning baby, I just went for a long walk and it was great, contractions were much easier to handle because I was moving. Will I feel it if baby moves out of the posterior poss? The nurse mentioned an epidural can help if I really need it for the back pain, I would like to avoid one if I can, although I'll never say never!

Your doing great hun, at this rate you wont need the epidural. I had a posterior labour too, and it took about 10 hours for contractions to go from 5mins apart to 1 min apart. I spent alot of the time in the bath to help through the contractions, with great support, and massage I went 27hrs with no drugs! In the end I had the epidural as contractions were 1 min apart, lasting 45 seconds and baby was stuck, all efforts to move her head failed so I had emergency c/s. But had I known she would get stuck, I would have done heaps more walking (like you!) and moving around, and even the all fours thing like Trillian suggested. So keep doing what your doing and you will be birthing your beautiful bub in no time. Best of luck sweety

Ps I was having regular 10 min contractions for about 7 hours

You will notice it because you wont feel it so much in your back as what you probably are now. And don't dare get an epidural - it is the worst possible thing you can do if you have a posterior baby because it will mean you are fixed to the bed and you wont be able to help your baby turn - meaning that it will be more drawn out and longer and possibly end up with further intervention so while it will help you to not feel the pain, it really isn't in yours and your babys best interest to have one. You are going great guns - stay at home as long as you can.

pegasus Guest

Well the wed and thurs were just tiring and annoying but i felt ok most of the time. I'd had a lot of achiness and some BH (not as strong as my prelabour contractions) and I'd finally got to sleep at about midnight thurs. but just 2 hours later the contractions started and were getting stronger and stronger. That's when I called my midwife in tears that I wasn't in labour and she'd send me home again (this would be my thrid time in) but she said that this time she'd make it happen.

When she broke my waters, apart from feeling like I wet the bed, eeeuuuwww!, the contractions were very strong. It really did bring my labour on. Plus I spend the whole day moving around. In the two days of prelabour, I walked and sat on an exercise ball all day and night. My mindset was, so help me, I'm going to keep it going until I get the bloody baby out (I was in a fair bit of discomfort).

pegasus Guest

sounds like things are moving along for you, i will be watching and waiting.

Good luck and hope you have that bub in your arms soon.

wondering how thing are going kristin27, hope you are holding bub now and all went well.

pegasus Guest

I'd like to assume that you haven't posted in a while because you had your baby, but I'd better not. Hope all is well and that it won't be long until you have your baby. xoxo

Default It's a girl!!

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce my little princess Olivia was born on June 10 via emergency c-section. She is absolutely gorgeous and all the pain was totally worth it... She was stressed during the contractions and stuck, so unfortunately I needed a c-section.

Thanks so much for your advice and suppport, you all made it so much easier answering my constant questions!! XXX

Congratulations and welcome [COLOR="Magenta"]Olivia

pegasus Guest

Congratulations!!!!! What a beautiful name. Glad you went for the c/s when she was distressed. Well worth it. And play up the "my stiches are sore" as much as possible so you can get all the help you can. Good on you darl, and congrats again.

Congratulations Kristen!! Welcome Olivia

Congratulations Kristen and welcome to Miss Olivia!

Congratulations Kristin and Olivia!! You guys are champs!!

Congratulations sweety! I had emergency c/s too, but its all worth it in the end Hope you and Miss Olivia are doing well. Little girls are just the best

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12